Pages

Thursday 16 May 2013

Our Amazing Inter School Orienteering Competition



Today was our Interschool Orienteering Competition at Waiatarua reserve. First we took a deep breathe before we started running. We had a map, we wrote our name, school, and time we started. After our head start was counted down, everyone was sprinting, racing, and following our maps. Everyone was asking ‘is that number 123?’ and I just kept running because I didn’t want them to come ahead of me. As soon I was almost to the finish end, I was struggling to find number 135. But when some classmates of mine saved my life it was a miracle, because I thought I was gonna come last. But I believed in myself.


While I was running to the finish line we had to run through a path that was already organised. I sprint my way to get my map checked and to get my place.  My place wasn't so close to the start but at least I believed in myself.

I was so glad I finished the competition. Even though we had to do a lot of running, sprinting, and looking, I still made it through.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.