Pages

Monday 7 April 2014

❤ Our FabuLOUIS Trip To The Auckland Zoo ❤

On Friday 4th of April, 2014, rooms 7, 9 & 10 went on a fantastic trip to the Auckland Zoo. The whole purpose of this was to learn about the native birds, trees and animals. When we arrived there in the bus, we met three unique instructors. Each instructor took us to different parts of the zoo. The first part of the zoo we went to was the habitat of the Kea bird. Where they stayed and breeded for living. As we made our way through this really funny entrance, we saw a few Keas. Our instructor, John, told us to be very still when we walk in so that the Keas can maybe come up close to us and communicate with us in some way :p When I first walked in, I stood there like how Lady Liberty stands in the middle of some place in New York. I really wanted one of the Keas to come up to me and play with me. But sadly, it didn't ... [[sad face]] :( Anyway, at least I actually went to the zoo because it was my first time and it was amaZAYN, see what I did there ? Smart, huh ? But all we did was play statues, took photos [[selfies]] and enjoyed ourselves.

After that brilLIAM time looking at the pretty, big Keas, we went with our next instructor who took us to the forest where all different kinds of birds lived. Like the kaka bird, the kakariki, the wood pigeon and so much more (that I forgot). We walked along the paths and spotted some native New Zealand plants and trees that we have been learning about. There was the kawakawa, the nikau tree and I think the kauri tree ? Oh my gawd ! I have really bad memory. But I had fun and that was that ... nah, just kidding !

Well, after THAT trip to the forest, we went to the NIGHT FOREST ! In the night forest, there lived the kiwi. If you haven't heard, but the kiwi is on the edge of getting extinct. Such as the orangutans. But I'm here to talk about the kiwi ! Anywho, it's actually pretty obvious that it was dark in there because it's called the 'night forest'. Before we even laid a foot in the night forest, our instructor told us that it may take about 2 minutes for your eyes to get used to the darkness and that to always focus your eyes on the back of the habitat of the kiwi for any sudden movement. So, in the night forest you can't really spot the kiwis because of how dark it is. I only spotted two gorgeous kiwis eating something. I couldn't really see it, but, it was something. Our instructor didn't only talk to us about the night forest but, he also talked to us about the eel (tuna). I also learnt that when the female eel needs to lay its eggs, it swims all the way to the ocean of Tonga just to lay the eggs and then swim back to live with its own parents. Weird ... right ? But everything and everyone is different.

Next, we had our morning tea with the rest of the famz. We talked with our mates and ate our lunch and talked with our mates 'cause that's just how we do it ! Glenbrae school, though. Buuuuuuuuut, after that, came my favourite part ... EXPLORING THE AUCKLAND ZOO ! I went with my group and we walked around looking at different kinds of animals, like the giraffes, hippos, zebras, American alligators, lemurs, lions, orangutans and so much more (that I forgot, again)

But, when it came to the sad part [[sad face]] when we had to go home, I was sitting there with a frown. I was really eager to run back to where the pigeons were, because pigeons are the bomb.com and steal one. I learnt a lot of fascinating things about the native birds, trees and animals. I enjoyed going to the zoo, it was phenomiNIALL and I hope we get to go there again. But, with a bigger smile on my face. 

4 comments:

  1. What a great recount Hannah. You have a lovely colloquial writing style. I can almost hear your voice as I read.
    You did remember a lot of the important details from the trip.
    Perhaps you could have a look at the album I loaded onto the Picasa Web Album part of the site, they may jog your memory for the things you can't remember.
    Mrs Parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mrs Parker.
      I'll try and enter the picasa web album for more photos, but everytime I enter the album, the photos somehow don't appear up.
      Help, please ?

      Delete
    2. Opps. My Bad. Try again now.

      Delete
    3. Okay, Mrs Parker.
      Thank you once again c:

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.