Pages

Sunday 13 April 2014

✌️Another Fantastic Volleyball Afternoon✌️


On Saturday 12th April, 2014, we had another tedious volleyball game at SONSK8, again. But this time, I was actually joining in and playing with my Samoans. They kept encouraging me to join them at the start, but I said no. I was too afraid because I didn't know how to play volleyball. But, I stopped panicking and I joined in the fun. I was standing there patiently waiting for the ball to come to my direction. It came to me a few times and I managed to hit and it goes flying to another person in my team. My favourite auntie kept encouraging me whenever I hit the ball. She's the best auntie. During the games I've been playing in, I was also told about some rules. 01; focus on the ball. 02; hit the ball correctly. 03; we can only hit the ball 3 times in our teams. I was pretty confused but then I remembered what my teacher had told me, not long ago. "It's cool to be confused". I smiled at the thought of that. I followed those rules and during every game, I got better. I kept thinking "Was it my confusion ? Or am I just good at playing volleyball ?" I kept asking myself those questions, yet, still confused. I really enjoyed playing volleyball with my Samoans. I sincerely can't wait when it comes to next week ! I sure will be on that court playing with pride !

2 comments:

  1. Well done Hannah, Volleyball is a great sport, keep it up. Yes, it is cool to be confused, it shows you are thinking about it. And it paid off, because you got better. Just like how I got better the more I played in my touch team. Perhaps you can teach me a thing or two about Volleyball?
    Mrs Parker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Mrs Parker.
      Volleyball is a really great sport. I heard a saying, tho. "Don't judge a book by its cover". That's literally what I was doing at the start. I was like "Oh, man ! Volleyball sucks". But when I started playing volleyball, I regretted saying all those negative stuff about the sport. And volleyball is very tiring, too. But, I'm willing to teach you a few things about volleyball, Mrs Parker.
      You can just call me whenever !

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.